Gamasutra's write-up about the Evolving Game Design panel I missed at GDC09.
The Brainy Gamer's write-up about the Evolving Game Design panel I missed at GDC09 due to other work commitments.
Speaking of Derek Yu, he was asked to collaborate with his artist friend Hellen Jo to collaborate on a game for the Giant Robot art show Game Over/Continue? I saw Derek playing this during the opening of the show and it looked pretty fun. Have to say that the art style is pretty great too. Can't wait until Derek provides the game for us to download, I'll be there day one.
A game I saw at the Experimental Gameplay session at GDC09. While I had played Spelunky before, I hadn't really read about it. My interest increased exponentially when Derek mentioned that aspects of roguelikes inspired the creation of Spelunky.
Home of ROM CHECK FAIL — a game I saw at the Experimental Gameplay session at GDC09. ROM CHECK FAIL was born out of an idea to combine variations of player characters and enemies, all randomly mashed-up from various videogames from the past.
One of the games I saw at the Experimental Gameplay session at GDC09. The background was that Tyler wanted to create a game where darkness would be an aid to the player, instead of just a challenge of obstacle.
One of the games I saw as part of the Experimental Gameplay session at GDC09. 10 years in the making, this looks like it has some really interesting potential. Can't wait to be able to play this, if that becomes an option.
Gamasutra's write-up about the Experimental Gameplay session I attended the second half to, after the original session I was going to attend was massively overbooked.
No comments // March 29, 2009 // Delicious //
Leave a Reply
// popular posts
- Delicious Links for October 21, 2009
- Game|Life: The $10 Retro Shopping Challenge
- Easy HTML code: Add a friend to your Xbox friends list
- Off to the IDEF Expo in Cannes, France
- Time traveling RTS Achron now playable, pre-orders now being taken
- How to stream video to the Xbox 360 with WMP11
- Xbox 360 Dashboard – Spring 2006 Update
// recent comments
- jackinthex said Xbox.com has updated theire site and these links no longer work.
- my router ip address said Great article, but that won’t seem to work together with my router ip, any...
- Krisiic said I've prblem on 5th step, I press OK button, but nothing is happening. Can someone help...
- hilikus_lnf said this seems like alot of hard work, and the videos will only work in certain formats. If...
- andrea__14 said I saw some videos on youtube …… is …. is … awesome. because you can...